My Articles

University and Design Art College

This week I received an email by an italian young student passionate of Car Design asking me for help. How do I become a car designer? I explaned that first of all he had to show me few drawings just to understand his level of talent before telling him the all process to follow. Few days later I received, by email, some sketches done by him and I found a certain talent! So, according to his motivation, I wrote him back telling him that he was elegible to try for an admission interview at design schools. I explaned to prepare at least 15 drawings on a A3 format, plus his quick sketches and to go visit a short list of italian design schools.
The objectif was to chose the right school and start the car design education cursus. In other words to get him in the right process.
I was surprised when I received his email and the reason is the following; he told me that his intention was...Keep reading here.

Image CCS Detroit

You Might Also Like

• George I
    July 24, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Your link sends us all to spam ads. Where's the real article?

• Luciano Bove
    July 24, 2010 at 5:57 pm

Hi George, the link gets you to an ad page on top right corner you will find "SKIP AD" click and you will be redirect to the article .

Thanks

• Elia
    July 26, 2010 at 9:06 pm

Hi Luciano I'm a swiss-italian student with an high school year less and next year I would like to attend a design school – transportation design course.
    How important is to have your own portfolio before enrolling in a design college?
    I'm very interested in IAAD – Turin, but is it true that a college like ACCD in Pasadena is more qualified, professional and offers better employment opportunities?
    i'm undecided
    thanks

• Luciano Bove
    July 26, 2010 at 9:27 pm

Hi Elia,
    thanks for your comment I'll try to give you an answear about your question.

If you attend IAAD in Turin you will have the opportunity to follow a well done transportation design course in Italy with a good exposure for internships and sponsoring projects. teachers there are very qualified.

If you attend ACCD (my school) you will have, internationally, probably the best school around.

To understand more please look at this article I wrote few weeks ago: http://lucianobove.blogspot.com/2010/06/how-do-i-choose-my-car-design-school.html

take care!

• Elia
    July 30, 2010 at 1:17 pm

thanks!!! your post was very helpful and for the moment I think I'll attend IAAD in Turin

• Luciano Bove
    July 31, 2010 at 10:01 am

Ciao Elia,
    I am glad you liked my article. i wish you all the best!

• By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information